Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hard case for an Epiphone Rivoli semi - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockindillo, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockindillo

rockindillo

Oct 10, 2005
    My bass player, Rob is looking for a hardcase of some kind for his Epi Rivoli semi bass, which has a 335- shaped semi body.
    Anybody here got any suggestions of a company who might make one - or even better, has anyone got one they might sell him, please?
    Cheers!
    Tim
    www.rockinarmadillos.com

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I've got a Rivoli, i would suggest Sam Ash or some other large retailer who may have a case in the warehouse, or maybe try contacting Epi directly. I also have a '66 Gibson EB-2(same as a Rivoli)that I found a case for from a small company in NY but it was the early '90s and I can't remember the company's name. Google search, ebay? You might also post here:
    http://www.vintagebass.com/thedudepit/forumdisplay.php?f=49

3. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    I have an Epiphone Jack Casady bass (another semi-hollowbody), and the only place where I was able to get a case was through Epiphone. The dealer placed the order, but it took some time before it was delivered.

4. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I bought an Epi Jack Casady case for mine. I had to add a layer of 1" foam for the Rivoli to rest on and a strip of foam along the bottom to give it a snug fit. I bought the foam at an upholstery place. I also bought some faux fur fabric that's just about the same color as the inside of the Casady case but haven't a chance to 'install' it yet. it's not as nice as a custom fit case, but it's much better than nothing at all.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I found that a Taylor dreadnaught case was an excellent fit for an Ovation Typhoon (similar style/shape of body).

6. bu53ter

bu53ter

May 22, 2006
    i have a rivoli and it has a hard case , the rivoli will fit it to the sheraton 2 or any other guitar from gibson or epi off the same shape

7. jb66ss396

jb66ss396

Mar 6, 2009

I need a case for the same Epi Rivoli bass (1967). Does anyone have one?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.