Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hard case for VBass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elbass, Feb 15, 2003.

1. elbass

elbass

Aug 6, 2001
    San Antonio TX
    I'm looking for a hard travel case for my VBass. Roland has discontinued the SKB-style case they were selling for the VG-88/VBass (or so I was told by the mail order company that I tried to order one from). Any ideas out there?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    What company did you check with? Last time I looked for one, ZZounds was expecting a shipment. That reminds me I need to find one, myself.

3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've currently got one on order from zzounds. The shipment is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'd order soon.

I can't wait to take it to a gig--I'm just not going to risk taking it without a case. I'd cry like a cheerleader if I dropped it. :bawl:

If you like, I'll post when they send me a confirmation it's been shipped so you can know they actually got some in.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Grumble, grumble, grumble...

Okay, so the shipment is now scheduled to arrive on April 2nd.

They won't charge me until it actually arrives, so it isn't really any skin off of my teeth, but I think I'm going to start looking for alternatives.

Maybe I'll get a gig bag made for it, instead. I'm not too concerned about the hard shell, really. I just want to make sure it is covered during transport, and has something to keep it together, and make it easy to carry.

6. elbass

elbass

Aug 6, 2001
    San Antonio TX
    Thanks for the info, all. I'll check with ZZounds to see if I can get one.