Hard case to suit Yamaha RBX170

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wRaith, Aug 24, 2005.

1. wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi all,

this is my first post, so be gentle :) .

I'm after a hard case for my Yamaha RBX170. I'm using a gig bag at the moment but want to buy a hard case, preferably not shaped (i.e. I want a rectangular case).

Can you guys help out? What should look at? Can anyone recommend a case, or should I just go down to the music shop and try a few differ4ent cases to find the best fit?

2. tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Well, there will be few varieties to fit your particular bass, with a variance in quality, ultimately. I'm not sure if some of the SKB cases will fit your RBX or not, there weren't any there that allowed my RBX760A to fit. I bought a TKL case which isn't molded on the inside to only fit a j-bass (like all of the SKBs were) but it still is a pretty snug fit and it has a nice compartment to fit quite a few accessories. I paid about 80-something dollars for that case.

Then they had some Ibanez cases that didn't particularly interest me, but they were much more inexpensive and they look like they get the job done.

The SKB I've bought recently is probably the best quality, but it is also still pretty pricey. The only thing I don't like about it is this "smell" that fills the air every time I open it. I've tried leaving it open for a few days to let it air out, but it still is pretty potent.
  3. wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Bump. Any other ideas guys?