1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hard Decision To Make

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Antihero666, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Ive rung up a fair few music stores around the place and its down to either a Randall RB200X or a Line 6 Lowdown 150.. The randall is $800AU and the line 6 is $869

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with these two amps?

My main bass is an active Ibanez EDB700, I play in a metal/punk band and my guitarist has a 75 watt line 6 spider III

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    That seems like an awful lot of money for that much power. I'm not sure if all your music equipment prices are inflated in OZ but that Line 6 combo is about twice as expensive as it should be. Can you order online? Guitar Center in OZ? Here you can get a Traynor XS400TC 400-watt 2x10 combo for that much money. If you can find one of those Traynor combos, I recommend it.

3. thats the cheapest ive found them around my area..

problem is im only 15 and my dad aint gonna let me pay any money for something we cant test out in person before I spend my hard earned cash haha

4. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Okay well worst comes to worst, order one of the ones you've tested out online and save several hundred dollars.

5. as much as i'd love to save money my dad's still against the whole buying overseas thing..

I'd say cause of the whole credit card over the internet thing, as well as if it wasnt working properly you basically have to send it back over again

Anybody have any experience with these two amps though?

6. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I thought you had Guitar Center in Sydney?

7. if there is one I dont think its within my area..

8. aws

aws

Feb 10, 2008
    Adelaide, Australia
    We don't have GC here in Australia. I'm sure we have places called Guitar Centre, and probably many of them, but not the chain stores you have over there. :)

9. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Aye...

10. If only they were in aus though.. everything is so cheap over there (yes, I converted it to aus$)