Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hard to find bass cab, i think

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lastinline45, Jun 10, 2002.

1. lastinline45

lastinline45

Jun 10, 2002
    i have a Peavey 1516 bass cab as of now, which is a 15in. speaker and 2 8in. speakers. I have been trying to find another bass cab that is similar to this design, but i've had no luck. I found one made by CARVIN, but it was a combo amp, not a seperate cab. I am interested in finding a second cab of this design because i read that when 2 similar cabs are placed next to or on top of eachother, they seem to be louder and an few extra decibels are gained in this way. please add a post if u know any company that makes cabs similar to this design.

2. finn74

finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    You might want to check out Daddy's Used Gear on line. They always seem to have that particular cabinet in stock. Usually around 2 bills or so depending on the condition.

3. Ampeg also makes or did make a cab just like that recently. Look for those, or you could look into the SWR Triad, which only has one 8" instead of 2.

jtbp

4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Just get another 15". Those two 8" speakers will more than cover your High/Mid range needs (unless you have a really strange tone :p ).