1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hardcase for Lakland JO5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hgrind, Sep 18, 2008.

1. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    I bought a Lakland Skyline JO5 a while ago, and it came with a gig bag. It's time to get a hardcase, but where I live I have to order without trying. So, I wonder if any of you know any cases that the Lakland Skyline JO5 will fit into? It seems it will not fit every bass case, as it is a 35" scale bass.

Before you ask, Lakland doesn't have a distributor in Norway. :eyebrow:

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Would any case that would fit a Jazz or P-bass not work?
    I think finding a case for a JO would be easier than finding a case for a non jazz or P shaped bass.

3. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    Several cases seem to fit 34" scale basses, like all Fender J and P basses, but not 35" scale basses like the JO5.

4. DMX

DMX

Mar 10, 2006
    Oxford, UK
    I have an SKB case for mine. Sorry, not sure of the model number but it's just a standard jazz/p case. The JO5 fits, only just but it does fit.

5. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    Thanks! I actually did order a Gator case from the norwegian distributor (through a local guy), only to find out they didn't distribute Gator anymore and had none left.. :rolleyes:

I was hoping an SKB case would fit, because I can get those easily, but when I e-mailed SKB they thought none of their cases would fit..

6. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    DMX: Only just is good enough for me. :) It would be great if you could find the model number. :)

7. DMX

DMX

Mar 10, 2006
    Oxford, UK
    Really? It's a fairly tight squeeze so I guess they were playing it safe.

8. DMX

DMX

Mar 10, 2006
    Oxford, UK
  9. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    You've been very helpful, thank you! :)

10. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I just shipped mine to Lakland...the case was aftermarket, when it gets back I will see what markings are on it if any. It fit well.

11. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I used a regular rectangular SKB hardcaase on the JO5 I used to own.

12. I use an Access brand Hard Case with my 55-02.. I got mine from GuitarX.

13. I owned a Skyline JO5 last year and did exactly the same thing. You do have to shop carefully because the 35" scale causes the overall length of the JO5 to be simply too long for most cases. The body is also larger than some of the newer, smaller bodies on Jazz and Jazz-type basses. It fits perfectly and snugly, however, in the Access hard shell case.

GuitarX closed last year and I don't know whether Gary has any remaining stock of Access hard cases left that he is selling via the internet. PM me if you're interested in a near-new used one. The Access website link is:
    www.accessbagsandcases.com.

Good luck.

Bluesy Soul :cool:

14. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway

15. He stills sells via ebay and website and could get the Access cases as of a couple months ago.

http://www.guitarx.com/

Shoot him an email. The cases are a bit on the heavy side, but they are very nice and sturdy.