Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hardcase for my bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Aquired in a trade an MTD kingston 4 fretless and the case it was sent in is crap, latches dont really work, etc.

Wondering whats my best alternative for a case that would fit this bass. Cheap is good, under $100, or if theres some kinda of hardcore-ass gig bag that would do the job.
    I will probably get one on ebay but any specific brands that would fit are good.

2. seaKamp

seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Tommixx just sent me a Fender in the same case Sadowsky sends all of their basses out in. It is a 'soft shell' gig case type deal. It isn't too soft IMO. Hopefully he will chime in here with the case manufacturer. If he doesn't, I highly reccomend finding out who makes them... sorry I can't be any better help here. For what its worth... It is the only non-hardshell case I'd carry a bass around in.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    SKB... the military cant be wrong, can they?

4. alanhasradar

alanhasradar Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    You should check out the Incase 'bags'....They're *awesome*! I have the double bag and carry two heavy-@$$ Conklins. It's held up perfectly for over a year now through all sorts of "adverse" conditions :)
    The bags themselves are great and super-well padded. They're quite rigid and have all kinds of cool pockets and features (like real, usable backpack straps).

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    link?

is this it? http://www.betterguitar.com/Equipment/OtherGear/IncaseTourBag/ElectricTourBag.html

$200 is a bit much for me.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like the Kaces III triangular fake leather gig bag I just got. I didn't like it at first, but it sure protects the heck out of my bass. $50 at MF.

7. the skb freedom cases are ALRIGHT, you get what you pay for. but I like my core flight case has the cofin inside with a norma square outside, its heavey but I would truste in any where but on a plane. but even their im sure it would be fine. and MF used to sell them for 139.99 kinda pricey but I got mine for xmas :)

8. SeaKamp is right...this is the same case that Sadowsky uses and in my opinion is one of the best cases out there for the money....I have several of these now. Since I lost my cases in the fire I have replaced them all with these for my Laklands...Incase is no longer available as I understand it. I got one of the last, if not the last Tour Bags they had...The case link is here: under $75.00 for 1 and $65.80 for 2...I buy them by the pair!!

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessories/Cases/Bass_LiteCase.html

HIGHLY recommend these....

Peace,

T

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Says fits jazz and precision, is that all that it fits?

10. I haven't tried to put anything else except Sadowsky MV5, Sadowsky Ultra Vintage 4, Sadowsky NYC Vintage 4, Fender Marcus Miller 4, Lakland DJ 4, Lakland DJ 5, and Lakland 44-02. I did not have any problems with any of these. There is some soft material where the strap button positions typically are and there is some give there to accomodate differing style designs. What did you need to put in there? YOu may want to give them a call and ask if your style will fit..

Peace,

T

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Read my original post.

12. duuuuhhhhhh.....Been on the road for 3 days!! Sorry...I would give them a call....

Peace,

T

13. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I've got a case like the stewmac one tommixx posted, my jazz fit's in it great, but my spector and modulus will move around inside of it, which I really don't like. I'm not familiar with how the body fo your bass compairs to my basses, but if it's on the smaller side I'd say it's a no, unless you wanted to get some foam, and add some extra padding.

14. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    TKL! Just got one for my bass, cost me $99.95 at the local shop. Strong, with lockable latches. It will fit just about any traditionally shaped bass ie. Jazz, Precision, SG, etc. and will hold a lefty bass.

15. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    get a reunion blues gig bag

16. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I got this Gator double bag after my InCase dub was snatched during a show (luckily it was empty!!). Never intended to keep it this long, but it's been working out great!

Well padded, good straps, zipper, stitching ..... I carry around a big-a** GT7 & an FBB 6 all the time. Works great with my 4's as well ...... :cool:

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    There are so many options with cases. What do you need it for? Keep the bass from harm, sure, but what else? I have SKB for all of mine. Good, inexpensive cases. But nothing more. MF has these soft side foam cases that are pretty cool for about $60. Rondo Music has cases for $50. I have a Rondo for my Acoustic and I like it alot. I also have one of the MF foam cases for my Daughters Acoustic and that one is pretty cool to. Good Luck in your choice.