Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HARDCORE BAND LOOKING FOR SHOWS IN SC/NC/VA/md

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Jul 6, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    my band is looking to do some weekend tours with another band from nj. if anyone has any contact info or know fo anyone who can hook us up, it would be greatly appreciated.

we are looking to do in the new few weeks, but we are mainly looking for july 23-24.

www.myspace.com/insearchofnj (my band)
    www.myspace.com/thebreakout

second band is optional, but either way thanks.

2. hardcore as in hardcore punk i hope you mean?

3. probably means the most common version of hardcore which is basically like screamo and screaming modern metal.
    It is a pretty common term up here in Vancouver, but I don't know about other places.

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    no, not as in hardcore punk, nor as in hardcore screamo.

hardcore
    sick of it all
    bane
    with honor
    comeback kid

no screamo there. thats what we sound like.

5. I know you didnt mention Kentucky, but the place my band played last week would be good for your style. Its in Somerset, KY which is around 1.5-2 hours from the Virginia border. Check out http://www.myspace.com/thebackstage for contact info.

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    If you're coming through DC, talk to Colin at http://www.grogandtankard.com/ He likes booking new and different bands. He usually mixes the bill with different styles too so it can get interesting.

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    awesome thanks guy.

8. sorry bout the misunderstanding shawn. to my ear you guys play like hardcore punk. when you compare a cd like Comeback Kid to The Casualties, you gotta admit the only real difference is one style is more broken down tho

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    my brains just exploded.

you just compared a good band(come back kid) with a second rate crust punk band.

10. :eyebrow: ....don't knock it cuz you don't like it.

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    not knocking it, just saying its really hard to put those two bands in the same category.

12. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Mmmm, Comeback Kid. If my band was still gigging, I'd be thrilled to help you guys out. I'll still let you know if I can find anything going down around here. All I can think of off the top of my head is e-mailing Dana at www.cornzine.com or Chris at www.hyamp.org. Dana will most likely be more help then Chris, as Chris hardly ever actually books shows at HYAMP. Worth a shot though. Hope you guys find some good gigs! God Bless. -Brad