hardcore bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lefty, Jun 19, 2005.

1. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    last night i went to a hardcore show, and after about the third band i noticed that all the bands played the same bass. not that they shared the same bass, they all each owned the same bass. the bass was a sg looking body redish purple with a w on the head stock. i was wondering if anybody knows what kind of bass that is?
  2. Probably an ESP Viper

Are you sure it was a "W," and not the scripted word "ltd"???
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    hmmm i was gonna say wasburn but that doesn't really make sense now that i've checked their website...btw, they were probably just sharing, i've had 4 bands use my mim j once.
  4. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Most likely an ESP viper bass:

Which bands did you see?
  5. hmmm, its probably not, but from that description it could be the jack bruce cream reunion warwick?,
  6. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    yeah it was probably that viper, I've seen those a lot with hardcore/metalcore bands and the like around here.
  7. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I certainly don't think so. Hardcore is not a popular enough style of music where the musicians in it can afford $5000 limited edition Warwicks. Plus, those kinds of shows can get pretty intense and certainly NOT the environment where you want to bring an expensive limited edition Warwick to.

I think it is that ESP/LTD Viper. I believe quite a few people in the metalcore, metal, and hardcore genres are on the ESP/LTD endorsee list and use those basses.
  8. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    yep, thats it! the esp looked like a w from where i was standing. i`m getting old so my eyes aren`t as good as they used to be.
  9. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    adora, bloodline calligraphy and seventh star. we were at showcase theratre in corona calif.
  10. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    You're getting old? Like, how old? :p
    Hope the mosh kids treated you OK...if you even got near them.

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  11. thats why i said probably not,
  12. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    yeah, i worked the pit. and i`m 42 buy the way.
  13. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Does that scream Wal ripoff or what?

I want one. :D :D