hardcore/metal bassists what about this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kingbrutis, Aug 23, 2005.

1. kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Am thinking of getting a new bass and love Chris Beatties sound. I have been a huge hatebreed fan since they got started in 95. Anyway, who would have thought that anyone from this band woud get so big to have sig basses and guitars. What do you think about his sig bass? Later Joe

2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Adler body, bolt on maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and EMG HZs...so basically the same features as an ESP LTD. Probably not a bad bass, but given that its A) a Jackson and B) a signature Jackson it is probably priced way too high. How much do they run? For $500 or so it might be good if the build quality is good (Jackson has gone to hell in this department since 98 or so), more than that you'd probably be better served looking elsewhere unless you absolutely have to have wahthisnames signature model.
  3. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Chris has a good sound for HC, but I'm not the biggest fan of Jackson basses. If you want to base your sound on his, I would probably start with cabs and amp before buying the bass. What are you playing now?

There's not one truth...
  4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I like basses that sound pretty :).
  5. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
  6. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I don't generally like the look of completely black guitars, but that's damn nice...
  7. Hey dude, nice RATM/Bombaata reference in your signature.

'I wanna be Jackie Onassis. . . I wanna wear a pair of dark sunglasses. . .'
  8. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    I own a mid 80's Charvel (Jackson owned company). The biggest draw to Charvel and Jackson basses are the necks (at least the older ones), thin wide and fast. Mine is a neck through and has never had the truss rod adjusted.
    I am not sure of the newer stuff since Fender bought them, hopefully the quality has not dropped off. I have a MIM Jazz 5er that was loaned to me and it plays and sounds like BUTT, but that is a different story.
    I would look on ebay for an older model. The snobs rolling their noses at the pointy headstocks has driven the prices down. Great quality basses with good electronics that go for under $400. Even if you change the pickups you got a killer HC/metal bass for under $600.

Mine with a Badass Bridge and emgs:
  9. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    wow hatebreed has sig instruments. thats pretty rad. i friggen love the inlay. **** right off of satisfaction!!!!

i have a charvel. it was pretty awesome..
  10. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I do try ;)

It's in reference of RATM - Renegades of Funk ;) Great '*** the system' quote. Now they have the power behind the mic, there's no stopping them... until De'la'Rocha got too single minded at least :)