Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hardcore/Metal Suggestions

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by stascc57, Dec 16, 2004.

1. I'm just looking for some new (or older) hardcore or metal bands with some good bass in it. When i say hardcore i mean bands like Fugazi, Bad Brains, Nomeansno, and Minor Threat.
    When i say metal i mean really anything metal except death or black metal. All of your suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Here is one of my favorite bands. Bloody Sunday. They are on strike first records. Listen to this and a band named Sinai Beach. It is on the strike first mp3 page. More good stuff the ole stanbys--- madball, sick of it all, agnostic front, hatebreed (older stuff is the best), blood for blood, throwdown, no innocent victim. Newer stuff- the bled, sinai beach, figure four, north side kings. Later Joe

http://www.strikefirstrecords.com/MP3/SFR004-the_stand.mp3

4. The Number 12 Looks Like You
    The Locusts
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Sinai Beach
    Converge
    Ed Gein

5. Wings of Scarlet
    Between the buried and ME
    End of All
    KillWhitneyDead
    The Classic Struggle
    King Brutis-you dig bloody sunday? we've played with them a few times and i cant seem to get into them to much...got any tracks that I should give a hard lsiten?

6. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Do you play in the band stout? If so, I have seen you guy many times. Very nice. I grew up outside of baltimore. P tanks, Avail, majority rule, xdisciplinadx, striking distance, mushmouth, jesus eater ect.....Anyway, out here in Phoenix Hatebreed is headlineing with agnostic front, floatsam and jetsam, throwdown, north side kings and more. It is like our own superbowl of hardcore. Man I miss that show. BTW, bloody sunday is very good. Did you click the link? Anyway, true hc band are going by the wayside cause everyone wants to be metalcore like darkest hour. Later Joe