1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hardcover or Paperback

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BioDriver, Jan 6, 2013.

Hard or paper

Poll closed Jan 16, 2013.
  1. Hardcover

23 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Paperback

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  3. Don't care

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Carrotback

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. They have a set postage of £2.75 over here, so it can get quite expensive (on 'just' postage).

I dare say it's a big difference in population density, there is a charity shop over the road from me, 3 or 4 on the street or I can just jump on a bus for five minutes and look around more. Even in my hometown, a 20 miunute walk into town and there are a couple there.

ebay can be quite good for books, often cheaper than Amazon too as there isn't a fixed postage.

2. Some books just don't work paperback. Ever seen a John Steinbeck paperback? It's a sad sight.
    It's like listening to Dark Side of the Moon with one speaker.

3. Books like The Pearl are meant to be in little paperbacks in your back pocket, getting loved, not coddled on a bookshelf.

In my experience working in bookstores for 4 years, the vast, vast majority of heavy duty readers prefer paperbacks.

4. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Trick question...I prefer paperback when I'm actually reading it but then when I'm done and put it on the bookshelf I wish it was hard cover.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021