Hardest-core thing you've ever seen/heard of?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    What have you seen on stage or heard about and you just thought "hard-freakin'-core!"? The hardest core thing I've ever heard of is easily a TB'ers story about (I think their first) gig, and they got so nervous they threw up on the crowd...twice!

Let's leave Ozzy and his head-eating out of this one...let's share things we haven't all heard before.
  2. At a black metal/extreme hardcore rock show here a few months ago, a singer got whipped in the mouth by his mic. One tooth out, and bleeding gums. He sang the entire set afterward (about 20 more min) with blood literally pouring from his mouth. Not a big guy by any means, I can't believe he didn't pass out.
  3. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    My friend Al is a ledgend in his own mind and was so desperate to get one of his songs played on the radio that he drank a cup of spit that won him a contest to have it played. (played one time mind you)
  4. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    That's not hardcore. That's retarded.
  5. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I watched a Black Label Society dvd last week and Zack Wylde has the badass look and persona down. The camera zoomed in for a closeup and he spat a nice wad of phlegm right into the lens. He also would take a drink of beer, and then spit it onto the crowd, spray the rest of the can on them, and then throw the can at them. He also made it clear who he hates - he spent more time dissing Limp Bizkit than he did on Bin Laden.

As far as what I've seen in person, in my last band my guitarist stood up on top of the railing on a stage that was already a good 4 or 5 feet above the concrete floor. The railing is wobbly so of course he fell, and I thought he'd be done for the night. Nope, he sprang right back up, raised his fist, and rocked on. I think he was on a drug that begins with C. :meh:
  6. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    There was a local rock band around here a while back (They disbanded now) but I remember once, before a show, the lead guitarist fell off his roof putting up a satellite dish and broke the heck out of his left hand. He showed up at the show from the hospital with this huge cast on his hand, cut it off, played the show perfectly, then went back to the ER to get another cast.

I was impressed by that.
  7. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Crazy kids and their caffeine.
  8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Most hardcore: Bruce Lindfield. Totally.
  9. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    No way! Definitely Boplicity!
  10. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Riggs from Rob Zombie's band and the singer from Rockbitch have done some questionably hard core things one stage. You'd have to look it up. it's too gross to explain
  11. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    At my gig last night I played barefoot on a stage with some nails that hadn't been hammered in all the way :rollno: (I'm comfortable barefoot, what can I say), while my guitarist leaped around on a broken ankle suffered a few days before and not in a cast yet. :eyebrow:

12. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    The hardest core mf I can remember was when I was playing in a band called 'Sin and Damnation'. We had two gigs in one night. The Sax and the keyboard player had ran away with the money for the first gig. We played the second gig and was prepare to chalk up the 1st to expereince. The alto sax player said."Hey! If an MF owes me, he pays me!" And he searched for 6 days for them. He caught up with the drummer, pistol-whipped him, made him pawn his drums and made him pay everyone and $500 for making him find him. He wasn't a big guy, but he scared the **** out of me! Had a bad habit of "Keepin' It Real"!
  13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
  14. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    The most hardcore thing I seen live i guess was at the slayer hatebreed show. And as soon as i will be heard came on i littearly seen 14 fights just erupt.

The most hardcore band is deffitnaly mayhem. Anybody whos in the black metal knows what im talking about their bass player Count Grishnackh killed their guitarist just to prove he was more evil.And their lead singer killed him self so their drummer made a necklace out of his skull and ate part of his brain and they took pictures of the singers suicide and put it on an album cover.
  15. Im not really into Metal, but ive seen live footage of them , and the singer had a live bat onstage and was ............Get ready for this, giving it a hand job. That is SCARY
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That is hardcore.
  17. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    And he could play! Lord how he could play....I knew he was up for 10 to 15, about 20 years ago; lost track of him after that.
  18. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Ummm.. you don't EXACTLY have the story right, but I guess it's close enough.
  19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    not music related but it's so hardcore it transcends this discussion.

The dude that severed got trapped under the rocks an severed his own arm to escape.

Music related...I dunno, but it was probably miles who did it.