hardest song

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass__player01, Jan 7, 2003.

1. hi....
    i've got a question...
    through all the hundreds(maybe thousands) of songs you've learn and played... which one was/is the hardest???

from all the song I play now, my hardest is probably seeman from rammstein, i can't play it perfectly yet... (forgive me... i've been playing for less than a month :( )

thank you alll
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That one song. Y'know, it's by that one guy...it's on that one album. It's the one that goes...well, it's hard to explain, but you know, where he plays realllllly fast and then does that solo.

Yeah. That one.
  3. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    "Tommy the Cat"-Primus.....The hardest song I CAN'T play.

"YYZ"-RUSH.....The hardest song I CAN play.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't see why everyone always gets so worked up about Tommy the cat...its just 3 notes and a lot of rhythmic games.

that said, the hardest song I've attempted learning has got to be Chromatic fantasy...."me and my bass guitar" is pretty tough too.

probably the hardest technically challengin song I CAN play is Classical Thump...though its not 100% perfect, its close enough for me.
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    me too :(

I hate that part where he does this thing that is so cool and stuff and then goes to do that weird thing with the effects to end the song

it's unfair
  6. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Dude! Totally!! I HATE that part!

Then, there is the matter of that OTHER thing.. I can't even figure out what's happening there, let alone attempt to play it.
  7. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I hear ya loud and clear:rolleyes:

I suppose once you learn it, its all easy, so if thats true, when your learning it, its all hard ;)
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The hardest song I've learned is that new song from Korn... I mean, I kept clicking when I should clack. You know in the clickkity clack clack part. Well I'd clickkity click clack. I could never get that first clack. Damn your brilliance Mr. Fieldy, damn it to hell. But now I'm gettin' all the bitches with my low end wizardry.
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Matt, if ever there was a valid reason for you to make another public apology on TalkBass, it would have to be for that last post.
  10. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My own personal Moby Dick, "Donna Lee".
  11. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Methinks this should be in recordings?
  12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Hardest Song i can't play : "Resolution" by the supertones

Hardest song i can play : Broken Declaration

13. Hardest song I can play : Bach's Prelude in G Major
    Hardest song I can't play : Bach's Prelude in G Major

Family and friends keep saying it sounds great (bless them), but the phrasing NEVER sounds right to me :|
  14. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    "Kiss" by Prince.
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    eeewww I remember learning that song...it took me forever weeks of practice, I can play it now.....poorly.
    thats a tough song. I found though that when I spent enough time with the fingerings it became a lot easier.
  16. gee, i didn't expect you ta say THAT, jazzbo.;)
  17. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Jazzbo, I thought "When Doves Cry" was the hardest for you.
  18. here here! amen to that!
  19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

come on... low end wizardry... you know you love it
  20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    DAMN matt, i know what your talking about. i'm all like ,"Clacky clickity clack clack CLICK" When it should be " Clacky clickity clack clack CLACKITY!"

Damn... did i say damn in this post? if not,, Damn.