Hardshell Case for P Bass: Tweed, Black, Brown?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theRocco, Oct 27, 2017.

1. theRocco

theRocco

Jan 7, 2010
    The Expanse
    I want a nice Fender Hardshell case for my new Road Worn 50s Precision Bass.

What color should I get?

I'm not really trying to be period correct perfect but just picking out a nice color that will compliment the Fiesta Red Maple Neck P Bass.

These cases are not cheap--they are like $168-$216 dollar range, so I got to think about this carefully before taking the plunge.

Tweed with Red Plush Interior?

I like the inside "color" and look of this, but the tweed never looks right to me, unless it's lacquered. "Raw" tweed looks so new, just doesn't look right to me. Still, I'm leaning toward the Tweed...

Black with Black Interior?

Maybe the safest color combination for the Fiesta Red bass, but is it too boring?

Black with Orange Plush Interior?

I got one of these for my RW Sunburst Jazz bass and it looks great, but not sure if the "gold" interior will look best with the Fiesta Red. Still, black somehow always works...

Brown with Gold Interior?

These are not as expensive as the Black and Tweed options but brown is a little bland...

So, help a fella pick a color!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Blonde with red interior.

Looks like the blonde tolexed amps.

I have couple of cases like that. :thumbsup:

BassmanM likes this.
  3. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    I even have a gigbag like that. :thumbsup:

4. theRocco

theRocco

Jan 7, 2010
    The Expanse
    Blonde? I like it! Blonde with the Black Leather Ends--but the closest I see on the MF site is Brown with Gold Interior. Is the Blonde available somewhere and is a Fender Branded case?

5. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    IMG_2709.JPG I picked up a tweed case for my bass not long ago. It's a sexy case to be sure. Don't worry about the "new" look. It won't last long. I been careful with mine as it is still new to me but it shows every rub and bump. And as an aside. The tweed is rather heavy as well. I still love mine though.

Edit.... If I were gigging like I used to and were tossing the tweed case in a truck full of gear, I think the tweed would be pretty nasty in short order.

Stumbo likes this.
  6. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008