1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hardshell cases for a jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by skoti89, Apr 11, 2006.

1. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    I have a Fender hardshell case that I'm affraid to use, because it's falling apart, and about 30 years old. It's time for a replacement.

I'm not to sure on a brand, all I have is gigbags(kaces and fender). I have a fender deluxe active jazz bass that weighs a ******** ton. so weight, storage(cable, strap, strings, tuner,theory book) and durrability are main factors. Im thinking maybe a soft/hardshell padded case? I dont know, bjksdv fhberui'bh er bmjierj kwdgh vfv fd derka!

MOD EDIT: Please reread the usage agreement.

2. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    not sure what category this goes into....oh well

3. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    SKB 44

Fits just about any Jazz Bass. Is light and well made. About $100 give or take $10 from MF or Music123.

4. bsullivan

bsullivan

Dec 13, 2005
    Lansing, MI
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241222

Here is an SKB44 for sale. I can attest to it being brand new. I'm the one that purchased it to sell my Flea.

It literally showed up via UPS and was back out in less than 2 hours.

Nice and light. Should meet your needs really well.

5. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    Providing it fits, I'd recommend a Gator Case. I bought one of these with my Ibanez, but kept it for my Spector. Really solid, well built cases.

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH

+5

i own one for my MIM jazz. its really durable (i have dropped the thing many times) and very padded on the inside.

7. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
  8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That looks like a beautiful case!!!!

9. i like my sbk case. four clasps, light weight good solid case.

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I use SKB Hardshells. I've taken my DeArmond Pilot Plus 5 & my EB MM Ray5 through the cargo holds of air planes in the standard SKB Hardshell cases. Granted-i put bubble wrap around the basses inside of the case-this way they wouldn't wobble at all. These cases survived 4 years of marching band, 4 years of show choir band, and well-being handled by a less than coordinated teenager.

I trust SKB cases. However, i'd buy a gator case in an instant. I own 1 of their racks, and the customer service on it [i bought it used off of here] has been astounding.

take it easy.

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I thought so too, but that might be because there's a beautiful bass in it. :smug: They sure do look like they're high quality.

I was seriously considering one of those Stewmac cases before I bought that used SKB case posted earlier.