1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Harem Reduction

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Neurologic, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Below is a list of 3 bases at the bottom (no pun intended) and several guitars for sale. Please contact me if any questions. No trades please.

Basses & Guitars for sale Harem Reduction: pics at
    http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t304/MikeGatien/

Acoustics:

Larrivee L 10 Custom: this is a custom order model. The inlays are abalone three maple leaf cover by progressively opening butterfly wings throughout the headstock, neck & bridge; abalone binding around the top & sound hole, Engelman spruce, East Indian rosewood back and sides (that could pass for Brazilian due to the multi-coloration including rust shades); silver striping around the headstock, ebony fingerboard, clear pickguard, ivoroid bound neck, Honduras mahogany neck, true dovetail neck, Shaller keys with ebony buttons. The string action and frets are perfect. It is almost mint except: two very small dings on the top and none are through the finish. There also small indentations on the rim of the sound hole that were caused with a guitar humidifier. I think that a repairman can remove these with steam. The finish is nitrocellulose lacquer so these could be repaired but, the imperfections are so slight I've never bothered. No electronics or pickup system. OHSC, asking $1,900 obo.

Taylor W14C: first series Limited Edition with the Celtic inlay. Select Sitka spruce top, California Clario walnut back and sides, ebony fingerboard, Fishman matrix pickup system, mint condition, the string action and frets are perfect. Taylor hard case, not original with whereabouts, structurally fine. Asking $1,700.

Godin Multiac electric classical: mint condition however, I had an expert repairman double the saddle in order to provide extremely accurate tuning . No MIDI, includes original canvas gig bag, asking $500 obo.

Guitars:

PRS KL33: as new condition, all Korina, Mira pickups, OHSC, outstanding resonance, Santana neck carve, asking 1,700.

Terry McInturff Empress Custom one-off: Master grade quilt top and headstock faceplate: the finish changes from blue to green; solid body; DiMarzio FastTrack P90s (great sound with hum canceling) with a DiMarzio-McInturff Zodiac hum at the rear. All of the pickups push pull at the tone control to coil tap, this adds excellent Strat tones; also included is a McInturff midrange control as used on the Terrycaster to boost thru scoop the mids. Mann trem, the neck is the Tarus Custom Carve and refinished to satin with very simple. OHSC G&G case; asking $1,900.

Highly customized early Fender MIM Strat, mint, Fiesta Red, rosewood board. The pickups sound fantastic and the neck is like a PRS Wide Fat but, not as much V in the area of the first five frets, OHSC (plastic) or Fender Gig Bag, Sperzl tuners, Hipshot trem, Dunlop medium frets, graphite nut, 7 way switching, tone control option switch to move from middle to rear pickup. Very solid instrument. Asking $700 (I have that much in the upgrades alone).

Basses:

Tobias Killer B 4 string bass: solid lacewood body, maple and bubinga compensated neck, bubinga fingerboard, the string action and frets are perfect, Bartolini active pickups, Tobias gig bag, excellent condition, some discoloration of the finish as shown in pics, asking $600 obo.

Tobias Custom Killer B 4 string fretless bass: One of kind custom, master grade lacewood body, maple and bubinga compensated neck, bubinga fingerboard with maple lines, custom ebony saddles and pickup mounting blocks, brass saddles mounting plate with ebony overlay, Bartolini active pickups, three band EQ, body inlaid with 7 ply wood striping connecting two walnut spades. Fantastic warm and focused sound, Tobias gig bag, asking $2,500 obo.

Tobias Toby 5 string bass: Korean exact copy version of the US model. Includes 3A flame maple body (much more flame than in the pics), neck through with wenge & maple stringers, Tobias active pickups, mint condition. three band EQ This is an ultimate playerÂ’s base. It is extremely resonant and I bought it with the purpose of installing high-end pickups (the existing pickups are good, just not great) to take it up to world-class instrument at a fraction of the cost. However, I ended up buying a new Benevente (at not a fraction of the cost) and do not need this one. The case is either a hard shell or a gig bag, I have to check. Asking, $600 obo.

Marleaux Consant Custom 5 string bass: this is a custom-built base from Germany. Neck through with bubinga & maple stringers, 5A quilt -- flame bubinga top and headstock cover, wenge laminate and body stringers, Bartoloni active pickups with a memory switch which provides an alternate programmable tone setting, three band EQ, custom-made bridge assembly which can be adjusted for very low action without string buzz, ebony fingerboard, brass side dots, mint condition, one slight mark by the jack. Factory gig bag. The 5th string is fantastic, exact tone of the the 4th string and extreemly even response across the entire fretboard. Asking $2,500 obo.

2. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Price drops: Marleaux to $2,000 obo; Tobias Toby to $500 obo. The custom tobias fretless was made by Tobias employees at the time the co. was sold to Gibson. It is not a Gibson.

3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    the marleaux is beautiful

4. Mike Gatien

Mike Gatien

Mar 12, 2006
    Thanks re the comment. I would like to keep the Marleaux but I'm trying to be practical. Note, the switch turns the EQ off & on. It is very comfortable body shape wise to hold and play. It is also capable of really low soft touch string action if desired.

5. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Bump

6. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    pm

7. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Bumpo

8. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    The Larrivee and Godin are sold.

9. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    bumpos

10. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    The Marleaux is sold. Chris, I would appreciate your comments. Thanks again!

11. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    PMs answered!

12. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Nice looking herd. I can only imagine what the "keepers" look like.

Jazz

13. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    Indeed the marleaux has been sold to me! Awesome bass and feedback on its way. Standup guy who takes impeccable care of his instruments

14. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Thanks so much Chris, you are an ideal buyer and my feedback has been posted. Also, I'm very interested to know how the Marleaux stands up to other top end bases. I do not have a experience with Fodera, etc.

15. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    The Empress is sold!

16. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    The 4 String Killer B is sold.

17. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    where are the toby pics?

18. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    The following are sold: Tobias Killer B fretted & Toby; Larrivee;

19. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Price drop on the Tobias Custom Fretless to $1,950 plus shipping & Paypal.

20. Neurologic

Neurologic

Sep 28, 2009
    N Canton, OH
    Correction, after personal inspection by The Low End the fretless Killer B is a Gibson era. However, it was custom built by former Tobias now Gibson employees outside of the Gibson shop. The body wood was re-fabricated to add the stringers and spades. The construction is perfect and it sounds excellent. Price drop to $1,800 inc. shipping, Paypal is extra.