Hark, Rotosounds...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Hurezeanu, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Hurezeanu

May 13, 2005
    SO after doing a couple days of research, I have found that Rotosound's are NOT AS HIGH tension as I thought they were and fell in love with their RS 77 Flatwounds... It turned out that their Steve Harris sig flats are just WAY too beefy for me!

Anyway, I wanted to see if it's possible that they could get me a high-c flatwound...

I emailed them, and have got no reply, and I have called them and have got no reply... could someone help me understand their website?

if you scroll to the bottom, it says "Custom Bass Single Strings" and "RS 77 ‘jazz bass’ range JBL 35 & 130 only available"

does this mean they can produce a 0.035 high-c flatwound??? Halleluja! and what does JBL stand for?

Last but not least, would they be able to produce a custom set of flatwounds in 32' scale?! (i.e. - Scroll to the very bottom "Scale Lengths Ballend to silk - distance for different scales Short Scale 32.5” 820mm")

Once again... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  2. "JBL" must stand for "Jazz Bass ...and something L'ish", and as it says, only 35 and 130 is available as single strings. The scalelength listed on the bottom of the page, is just to state precisely what the lenght of shortscale, mediumscale etc. is. Seems like the Jazz Bass RS 77 range only comes in one scale. Nothing else is noted anyway, like it is with the Swingbass series.

Good luck! :)