1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HARKE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman639, Mar 9, 2008.

1. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    Did anyone SEE or try the harkes, that look like the MESAS?? how are they?

2. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Which HARTKE products are you talking about? Are you referring to the HyDrive cabs/combos with paper/aluminum speakers, or the lightweight LH amp heads? Those are the only two new lines that I know of from them. It's about time they got a new amp line out. ;)

3. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    dats dem!!!

4. tried Hartke 3500 years ago and the head gave me problems,, thats when I found out there is no hartke (or at the time there wasn't) it was distributed by Samson tech out of Long Island and made in Korea,, at the time anyway... tube channel kept blowing even after I got it back--> unreliable for any touring band... I gave the head away to a younger kid starting out and he just maxed the SS channel..

I heard the regular cabs where very nice though.

5. Alowishus

Alowishus

Feb 28, 2005
    You're old.

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I don't know if I could go so far as to say the new cabs look like Mesa cabs. Maybe the LH amps look like a Fathom? If this new stuff is anything like their old stuff, then I'll take a pass on all of it.

However, if I were a Hartke guy, I'd still probably wait a few years before picking up any of their new products. Who can know how durable the stuff will end up being? For me, the security of knowing a product will hold up outweighs the convenience of getting the new, shiny toy. I'll never buy a brand new model of something. ;)