Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Harley Benton HBB600TBK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PaulF, Dec 24, 2004.

1. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Hi

I've seen this 6 string bass on the net:

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/harley_benton_hbb600tbk_6string_ebass_prodinfo.html?iwid=2

I know it's not going to be 'good quality' - but it is very cheap. :D

Has anyone played any Harley Benton basses ?? - Are they OK (or are they really cheap cr*p) ??

I'm not sure that I want a 6 string, but I do want to buy a 'reserve' bass (in case of problems / string breaks), and it seems silly to buy just another 5 string bass. I couldn't have a 4 string as a reserve as I'd miss the low B too much, so I thought I might try a 6. I did consider a fretless, but I'm not convinced my playing is up to that, and also I'm not sure I would be able to cover all my set on a fretless (I play mainly soul/blues, with a little funk thrown in)

Any thoughts / recomendations, please let me know.

Cheers,

PaulF

2. Rico_2212

Rico_2212

Jul 6, 2004
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Peavey Amps Club #64
    For cheap instruments Harley Benton are pretty good. I have an acoustic guitar from them and the workmanship is good. The preamp is also one of the quietest I've ever heard in this price range. Still, I would try to check it out myself before buying. If you can't though, Thomann has a 10 day money back return policy.

3. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Thanks for the comments Rico

Anyone else any views / experience ??

4. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    For the price, i think they're a fair instrument.