1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HARLEY BENTON WSB 704 BK or SX scorpion?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr.Brightside, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside

Dec 5, 2006
    Ok so ive narrowed my selection down to two bass' i love the look of the harley and cause its a bit cheaper, i could look to spend a bit more on a better amp but i havent heard any reviews on it, the SX ive heard lots of good reviews but i don't really like the look and its about £20 extra which could mean two things, £20 saved to put towards an amp or an extra £20 for a a decent peice of kit. So i'd like your views please.:bassist:

:bag:

2. i know SX has a huge following on this site but i guarantee you WILL be happier with a Harley Benton. I have one and it is probably the best cheap bass i've ever bought.

3. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside

Dec 5, 2006
    bump:ninja:

4. yep go with the benton, if ttalkbass has as many europeans as it did americans it would be a benton thread not a sx thread with thousands of posts

5. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside

Dec 5, 2006
  6. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    What's a Harley Benton?
    Anybody know any more about them?

7. its thomanns inhouse brand, an online store in germany

8. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside

Dec 5, 2006
    one last BUMP before i order, Still leaning towards the HB

HB-http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_wsb_704_bk_bassset_3.htm

SX-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290059353544&rd=1&rd=1

9. So which of you is going to state unequivocally that the HB's aren't made by the same factory as the SX's?

My choice would be guided by the body material used. The HB's are basswood and the SX's are alder. Having built with both species, I much prefer alder. I think, as a tonewood, it's desirable over the basswood.

10. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I played a scorpion once,and will never do it again! The neck is a joke,P neck is 3 times more playble for my little hands. (They are not that small,I have a reaching problem to the frets due to my "not well grown/weak" wrists,they are like a 15 years old girl's wrists.)

11. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside

Dec 5, 2006
    Im fully aware that HB's aren't made by the same factory as SX

12. Read my post again. I'm proposing that the HB COULD have been made in the same factory as far as anyone here knows.

13. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside

Dec 5, 2006
    Sorry i read it wrong.

14. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Sorry, old thread, was doing a search and found this. I love how his wrist abnormality means the bass neck is a joke.