Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

harmonica

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Aug 15, 2004.

1. I have been thinking for a while that a harmonica would be a fun instument to play around with so I am looking into them. Can anyone suggest a good harmonica with at least a few keys and a book for starters ?

2. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Lots of great info on the internet. Lessons, etc.etc. Just type it in any search enginge. I don't have the sites on me. It is an easy instrument to get started on, but hard to get really good at. If you have the right key (usually the fourth for blues, rock and country)IE: song is in G, play a C harp, you can pretty much play along with the music and quickly be able to improvise some simple stuff. Melodies take quite a bit more practice, but either way it is a lot of fun.

3. I just recently started playing bass, but I have been playing harmonica for several years. For mor info go to harpdepot.com They have a forum too, it looks simple but keep in mind that it really isn't, I usually play blues and accompany a couple local blues bands, but I have played everything on it. My last performance was playing Piano Man for my friend when he sung it for a competition.