1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Harmonics......bah

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Chili, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    is there anyway way to stop unwanted harmonics when playing, alot of things i can play without getting those harmonics but theres still stuff that just dont seem to come out clean, for example, just say i'm playing major and minor scales up and down the kneck, some places are clean and then theres spots when i cant control the unwanted harmonic, same goes when i play fast on certain things, is there anything i can do or is it just something i'll have to live with?

2. Mute strings with more than one point of finger contact.

3. Mute the strings with your fretting hand, or move your fingering hand away from the bridge (this only helps very slightly).

4. borja

borja

May 3, 2007
    that's because you probably place the thumb of your right hand in the pickup the all time, or maybe you sometimes goes to the E. But your thumb must go more far. If you are playing a 4 string bass try this, when you are playing you E string - thumb in the pickup, when you are playing your A string - thumb in your E string, when you are playing your D string - thumb in your A string, when you are playing your G string leave your thumb in the A string, because when you are alternating you index and middle fingers everyone end his motion in the D string.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021