Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nunk6, Aug 27, 2001.

1. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    im looking to make my harmonics heard;
    more tweeters?, high frequency cross over?
    any and all suggestions are welcome
  2. what kind of harmonic? overtone harmonic, pinched harmonic, natural harmonic, (theres one more but i dont remember what its called). Their basicly high frequency, but not quite tweeter range. Try turning up the trebble on your amp, and make sure the tone on your bass is all the way up.
  3. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    mainly artificial harmonics im when playing and i play a chord using artificial harmonics its volume cant compete with the previous notes, basically making it pointless bc no one can hear it

is the frequency of a harmonic note the same as its fretted companion?
  4. I'm not sure if that'd work, the best way to increase the volume of the harmonics would be to set up a cross over, send it to somthing like a guitar amp, and then crank that, so that the harmonics come out as the same level, only problem with that, is that everything that fits the freq. will also go though the guitar amp, and come out extra loud, you'd most likly have to boost the hell out of the lower freq. on your bass amp to compensate for the guitar amp, and it'd probly end up a big hassle.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You don't need a special amp, especially when your bass amp is solid state.
    But a cab with a tweeter will help since those reach up to 13-18 kHz depending on the cab.
  6. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I've only used one once, and i don't own one, but Boss makes a pedal for bass called a limiter/enhancer... TRY ONE! It makes your louder notes quieter and your quieter notes louder.. the one time i did try it.. it did amazing things for harmonics. It may not be what you want, but it's worth the effort to try it out. The other option IMO would be to buy a volume boost or pedal or something, and use it for the harmonic chords.. and turn it down/off for the rest of your playing....