Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Harmonics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve_man, May 15, 2002.

1. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Looking for smooth harmonic reproduction got any ideas???:confused:

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    In terms of what? Are you looking for a bass? An amp?

It's probably a good idea to be more specific with what your needs are.;)

3. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I'm about to buy an amp so I'm open suggestions

(looking at a gallien krueger 700RB)

I'm also wondering if there is anything I can do with my bass.

When I play out doors regardless if the tempurature is hot or cold I always get really nice sustain and the harmonics are so sweet and really ring out!!! but If I play in doors even if it was colder in doors my bass would feel really sloppy and not ring at all making it hard to hold a harmonic

(I'm dealing mostly with 12th fret harmonics)

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, that's a good question. It would help a lot if we knew what your setup is, from your bass, to your amp, any effects, etc. Fill in your profile and we'll have a much better understanding.

Second, it sounds like this belongs in the "Amps" forum, rather than basses. Perhaps a moderator can move it for you.

Anyway, in a more generic sense, if you're experiencing difficulty more inside than outside, perhaps the environment has something to do with this? Maybe there's a difference in power consistency. If this is the case, a good line regulator might make a difference.

Or, maybe it's the bass. Maybe it's the amp.

For amps, before you buy one, I'd suggest you try out several different models in various sizes to determine what gives you your optimal tone in your price range.

5. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    This question is pretty much aimed at my bass not the amplifier I'm looking at.

It does have to do with the bass because I normally warm up with the bass unplugged.

The setup on my bass is fairly low to the to the fret board and good and fast for playing up high.

what seems to be happening has to do with neck changes so what else other than the tempurature could change the neck?

Wait a minute???

how about the humidity?