1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Harmony Central - What Happened??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by L. L. Elwood, Apr 16, 2010.

1. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Man,

I have spent countless hours using the excellent bass gear reviews section on harmony central.. Especially for pickup review and feedback.. now it's....g..g....gone! It looks like they're beta testing a new website design and it SUCKS!!!! or Maybe i just can't figure out how to access the great review area.. I was just trying to do some research on the Lindy Franlin Single coils.. simply not on their site anymore..

Is it me?? or is it gone?

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    ick. Yes, it appears to be a new web site (note the word "Beta" on the title).

Since GC bought it, it is no shock that they've removed anything like objective reviews. Time to find another resource...

3. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    You need to filter the review: first by instrument ( bass) , then electric bass , then 4, 5 , etc strings then enter the brand you are looking for, that's it, scroll the bar down.

I am with you, IMO this new design sucks

4. I looked, did a search for Peavey Foundation basses, and a bunch of reviews came up. So it works...but not nearly as user-friendly as the old version.

It seems the technology-obsessed are constantly trying to re-invent the wheel, and shove the results down our throats. I suffer with this at my job, as well...

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Considering you've misspelled the name, probably.

6. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    The site works but it is very unfriendly. This site should take it over but probably can't for a lot of reasons. The forums here are great and very quick to respond to questions which is the way it should be. I have gone on other forum sites such as the Fender site.. The reason this site is great is due to the fact that it doesn't get stale and the posts are new every couple of hours or so. I joined a Telecaster site that had a bass thread as well as guitar threads. It was ok but for me too tame and sterile. I also joined the BassChat.UK and this one is good for the UK but not too many posts are from the USA. So, For this reason I am glad that I became a supporting member here and hope this site stays on-line for years to come......

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    please post in the appropriate forums. the pickups forum is for pickup discussion only. thanks.

8. I dont even care to go to it anymore, its a pain in the butt. Maybe everyone are to contact them and tell them it stinks.

9. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Yeah, that makes sense. Can i move the thread? or i could just delete it? Let me know if you can help. THanks!

Larry