1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Harmony H22 problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ray_yo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, looking for a little confirmation as to the problem with my Harmony H22 (hollowbody, made in '62).

I'm getting a little buzzing sound out of the amp, and putting my thumb on the pickup stops this. sounds like a grounding issue. a friend who does some repair work examined the pickup and jack connections for me just to eliminate them as problems and said they look good, there's no weak soldering in there either.

Does anybody have any other suggestions of what may be wrong? Or is it pretty obviously a grounding issue?

By the way the amp (SVT) sounds fine with other basses, and I know the cable is good. I'm not running through any pedals.

Thanks!

Ray

2. MR PC

MR PC Banned

Dec 1, 2007
    Love the H-22!

Often, the ground wire to the tailpiece/bridge is missing on these.

If the buzzing doesn't stop while you are touching the strings, your ground connection from the bridge to the controls is missing.

3. thanks, i had the tailpiece/bridge connection looked at not too long ago, must be the other one.