1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Harmony P-copy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mackluth, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Mackluth

Mackluth

Jun 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I found this not-so-terribly vintage looking Harmony P-Bass on my local craigslist. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/3057955363.html

Anybody have an idea of how crappy these basses are? $30 is cheap, and I don't have a problem fixing it. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time/energy/convincing my smaller half that I need to buy another Bass thing.

Thanks for your help.

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Looks more like a J-Bass to me. But, if the neck is straight, how bad can it be? The tuners are worth almost that much. Seems like a good project or beater bass.

3. scrimjer

scrimjer

May 20, 2012
    im selling my harmony p-bass its a mess and not worth the repairs, just a parts bass

4. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    yeah the body will be worth at least $50

5. For $30, I'd sure give it a look!!
    I like cheap basses :D :bassist:

6. Mackluth

Mackluth

Jun 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking I'm going to let it go. I already have an spare crappy bass that I've had to rewire. I don't think i need another one. Also, the guy said the harmony has a tuning knob broken off on top of the unknown electronic issues. Oh well.