1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Harp Bass Guitar?!I wanna build one!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alexis=bassist, Sep 15, 2008.

1. alexis=bassist

alexis=bassist

Sep 4, 2008
    Ok so I have always luved tha sound of a harp guitar...and they look awesome lol!But I have never seen anyone play a harp bass before for some reason.I wanna build one so bad!

Here is a drawin of one that I would like to build one day!

Picture390-1.

To be honest,I have only seen one picture of a harp bass,so it is possible.I think it would be so kewl to play one!!!
    Remember,this is just a drawin,so I have no idea how it would work lol.Anyways thats it!

-peace:smug:

2. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    Dope let me know how it turns out. I'd actually be interested in trying it out myself.

3. allotabass

allotabass Guest

4. What would you tune all the strings to?
    not to be a downer, but generally harp guitars have the harp being the bass notes but if you have the bass notes on the fretboard and bass notes on the harp section, wouldn't that be kinda muddy?

5. :meh:
    Says who?

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    bohmann_p72-myers.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    "This cut represents"

Indeed!

8. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    :bassist:

9. Calvan

Calvan

May 13, 2008
    San Diego
    it would be cool if you just reversed a harp guitar. rather than having the treble on the guitar and bass on the harp, have the bass on the guitar and the treble on the harp(s). and since you have like 3 "harp areas" you could do a lot of trippy stuff as far as tuning goes. i say go for it! make a second one and i'll buy it!