Hartke 1000 sound fade problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by draygriff, Aug 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Recently my volume has started to fade and the come back up. At first I thought it might be the batteries in my bass going dead so I changed them with fresh out of the box batteries. I think this is an overheating issue since the problem occurs towards the end of the evening. I'm running the amp in the bridged/mono mode into a Hartke 4x10 cab. The amp does sit in a SKB hard road case. Anyone ever have a similar problem? Solution? Ideas? Speculation?

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

If the amp has an Effects Loop try linking the Send and Return with a signal cable. Same if there is a Pre-Amp out and Power Amp In.

Try running on one channel, not Bridge, and see if the same thing happens. What is the power rating of your cabinet, is it able to handle all the power that Bridge releases? What is the impedance of the cabinet?

shoot-r likes this.
  3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    +1 with Paul.

Try what Paul suggested, then next thing I'd try would be another pre-amp tube.

When a tube is going strange things can happen, noise, fading, seeming power loss, ect.

While you've got the cover off check to see if both fans are running.

If it's not the tube I'd suggest your dropping Larry Hartke a T.B. pm or e-mail Samson/Hartke.
    Larry's a regular here at T.B., a great guy with great C.S., and will help you get any needed repairs.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021