Hartke 1400 passed its first test!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Wow!

Cool little amp. I found out about it from the crazy deal $119, free shipping, 12 packs of strings and a tuner... from Sam Ash. So...

I got it a couple of nights ago. I played my band practice with it on Saturday. I played it through my compact 2x15 if some of you remember that. It sounded okay. But I was worried about using it in a real venue. So tonight I say, heck with it. It's small and I don't feel like lugging my Ampeg 212/SVT400t setup, and I know that my B100-R is not up to the task volumewise...

Wow... It's a great little rig. I found myself turning down a bit because it really had more go than I initially thought it would. The tonal options are very simple, yet give a very wide variety of tonal options. I also like the built in compressor. I am not sure if a bassist who plays with a lot of highs would like it... But for me, I play heavy and finger style... I love good old school thumpin' and the compressor seemed to help keep the notes relatively equal volume.

I turned the Low and Med Low to 2 oclock, the Med High to and High to ten oclock, enaged the contour and compression... and my 215 filled the room with plenty of thunder.

Me like!! :D

2. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    dont have the 1400, but i like my 2000 plenty good, so happy playing :bassist:

3. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    Ok Gabu, I am going straight to the Sam Ash to see if there are any left. I played a little reggae gig on Saturday and was peaved to have had to take my big ole rack there just to power a 2 x 10. I don't know what I will do with the strings however.

4. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    spelled "peaved" wrong. sorry

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Doh! I shouldn't post after gigs... I write half sentences and then move on... In the first sentence I said:

Cool little amp. I found out about it from the crazy deal $119, free shipping, 12 packs of strings and a tuner... from Sam Ash. So...

But I meant to say:

Cool little amp. I found out about it from the crazy deal from a talkbass thread by Lync:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150351

It's
    $119 and it includes free shipping, 12 packs of strings, and a tuner... from Sam Ash.

Sorry... post gig ecstasy. ;)