Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 1400 passed its first test!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Wow!

Cool little amp. I found out about it from the crazy deal $119, free shipping, 12 packs of strings and a tuner... from Sam Ash. So...

I got it a couple of nights ago. I played my band practice with it on Saturday. I played it through my compact 2x15 if some of you remember that. It sounded okay. But I was worried about using it in a real venue. So tonight I say, heck with it. It's small and I don't feel like lugging my Ampeg 212/SVT400t setup, and I know that my B100-R is not up to the task volumewise...

Wow... It's a great little rig. I found myself turning down a bit because it really had more go than I initially thought it would. The tonal options are very simple, yet give a very wide variety of tonal options. I also like the built in compressor. I am not sure if a bassist who plays with a lot of highs would like it... But for me, I play heavy and finger style... I love good old school thumpin' and the compressor seemed to help keep the notes relatively equal volume.

I turned the Low and Med Low to 2 oclock, the Med High to and High to ten oclock, enaged the contour and compression... and my 215 filled the room with plenty of thunder.

Me like!! :D

2. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    dont have the 1400, but i like my 2000 plenty good, so happy playing :bassist:

3. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    Ok Gabu, I am going straight to the Sam Ash to see if there are any left. I played a little reggae gig on Saturday and was peaved to have had to take my big ole rack there just to power a 2 x 10. I don't know what I will do with the strings however.

4. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    spelled "peaved" wrong. sorry

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Doh! I shouldn't post after gigs... I write half sentences and then move on... In the first sentence I said:

Cool little amp. I found out about it from the crazy deal $119, free shipping, 12 packs of strings and a tuner... from Sam Ash. So...

But I meant to say:

Cool little amp. I found out about it from the crazy deal from a talkbass thread by Lync:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150351

It's
    $119 and it includes free shipping, 12 packs of strings, and a tuner... from Sam Ash.

Sorry... post gig ecstasy. ;)