Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 1415 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by parrott, Mar 16, 2002.

1. i play one of these (i think that is the full name)when i practise at school, and i don't like it one bit.

however, one of the many funksters that uses it says it's ace.

i play blues in the style of Jack Bruce, and he plays like Flea - is it more suited to him and what he plays, or is it just me?

any thoughts on this amp would be welcome.

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    yeah, the hartke sound isnt for everyone. jack bruces uses hartke, strangely enough....

mess around with the eq and stuff. that has tons of knobs and sliders, so sit down with it for an afternoon.

3. I think all hartke combos with the aluminum coned speakers kick ass. The B-series, aren't bad, but lack. I play through a kickback 15 at school and think it's ace. You're amp at school is more powerful and has a better speaker in it, just it doesn't kick back. I'm thinking of getting the 1415, I haven't played through the 1415, but after playing through the kickback 15, I see there are upgraded features in the 1415, but priced cheaper I believe do to the fact that it wasn't constructed as a kickback. Hartke is great to some people, and is **** to others. I think it's great. I just don't like my hartke. I wish I would have just gotten a kickback when I had the chance:rolleyes:... I was looking at hartkes, and almost bought the kickback 12 or 15, but ended up with a b series 2x12 which is good, but not the same tone quality as a kickback. The B-series lack in volume, and don't do well with a low B, but the kickback 15 pumps out some good low end.