Hartke 1415

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Dec 27, 2000.

1. I was looking into buying a used Hartke 1415 combo amp for $250 +shipping. Do you guys have any feedback on the quality of this amp? I would like a nice, round bottom end tone. I play many styles and i would like to have a good all around amp. I'll play everything from the doors to sublime and operation ivy, to metallica and black sabbath. Also, is $250 a good price for this baby? Thanx a lot for ur feedback.
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Lizard King

I have had one for 6 years. It has a good bottom end tone and is 'versatile' in my opinion. It has a very transparent tone so what bass played through it sounds like that bass. This can be explained better by trying any bass through a Trace Elliot solid state system where you get 'that' sound. (I also like TE stuff so its not a put down). Therefore I advise you to try your bass through one.

The one thing it wont do is that valve/tube grind thing so if you can live with the cleaner side of things then try one and also try the Trace Elliot and the SWR Workingmans stuff for comparision.

PS mine has never gone wrong.

Happy hunting
  3. The Keeper

The Keeper

Sep 2, 2000
    This amp is a nice sounding amp. The 15" makes it so you can get good clear and clean sound (hitting just about all frequencies a bass can hit). Watch your purchase though. You definitely aren't going to beable to gig with this thing unless you're in a small coffee shop type location or you're using it's output to plug into another bigger setup (i.e. PA system). Also, check around (www.ebay.com, http://www.ugbm.com, etc). You can probably find a much better deal if you buy this thing used. Also, make sure and find a place to try this out first if you're thinking about going for it. That's always the key to amp shopping! :)
    Good luck!