Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 2-15 Eden 4-10XLT ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gavin Stolte, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Gavin Stolte

Gavin Stolte

Dec 27, 1999
    Need some opinions. I use an Epifani 2-12 cab and an Eden 4-10XLT. I have the opportunity to trade my Eden for a Hartke 2-15 (not an even trade, they'll have to kick in some cash) As far as low end punch goes, is the Hartke going to give me a more stout low bass response? Obviously the Hartke has no tweet, so it couldn't really be a stand alone cab (at least not for me) Any opinions on Hartke 2-15 cabs, or 4-10's vs. 2-15's in general? Thanks

2. I have a similar set up. 212 SWR bigfoot and Hartke 215 with Eminece speakers which upped the power to 600 watts instead of 400. I use it as a stand alone often but I am more into low end and not high-mids and treble. Depending on the cash involved, and it should be around $300, to be fair, I would think about it. The eden is a far better cab it just matters if you want more punch or thump.

3. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I agree, the Eden is a far better cabinent. If you do like the sound of a 2x15", you might try looking into SWR or Eden to keep at the same level. That's not to say that the Hartke is bad at all, one of the local band's bassists uses one and it sounds pretty good.

The Eden 215 XL has a list price of $870.00, while you're 410 XLT has a list price of $1230.00. Even with depreciation, an Eden 215 shouldn't cost you much at all. At any rate, do at least try out the Hartke, you might find out that it's just the sound you're looking for.

From listening to players who use the Hartke 215, I wasn't all that impressed with the low-end. Not that it was bad by any means, but when I see a 2x15", I expect massive low-end. It was there, just not in the ammount that I thought that it should be - perhaps that's one of the qualities of those aluminium speakers (then again I'm not a Hartke owner so I don't really know).

Have to admit that I've never heard the Eden, but I do keep hearing reviews about it's awesome low-end, so I'd be interested to see how much thump the Hartke would have over the Eden.

[Edited by White_Knight on 02-09-2001 at 08:42 PM]

4. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Corrections needed. The 210XLT lists for $830.00 and the 410XLT lists for $1230.00. See Eden's web site at http://www.eden-electronics.com/.

- Mike

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    personally, the hartke cabs didn't give me enough ass-end, so I opted for the SWR. Now it rumbles! in a good way!

6. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Actually, the 215 XL is $870.00 list price (as is stated on the website). It's the 210 XLT that lists for $830.00 - but we're talking about the 215 XLT. And the price for the 410 XLT is $1230.00 (list, as per website). Sorry, I accidentally typed 210 XLT instead of 410 XLT. :)

7. Hey Gavin,

I was wondering when you were going to make it over to Talkbass.com.

Welcome!

Herm (the stringsforcheap.com guy)