1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke 2000 popping issues - help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Barfly, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I have a line on a Hartke 2000 (actually, the Transient Attack model) for $150 including gig bag from a drummer acquaintance.

I took it home and hooked it up to my (2) 1 x 15 cabs and its popping like mad! Switched out all cables, including the power cable and it's still there. Does it with the EQ on and off, too.

I like the tone of it alright, it will surely serve my gigging purposes but the pooping is a deal killer.

Any thoughts on what it may be? Hopefully, it's something simple.

Thanks,
    SF

2. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    I had a problem with popping on my Eden head. I cleaned the input jack and it went away.

Try cleaning all of your input/output jacks. It may help.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Check to make sure your outlets are properly grounded.

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Well, I plugged my other head in on the same circuit, same power cord and it works fine. I sprayed some antioxidant into all the outlets, the EQ sliders, etc and it seems to have solved it, at least at low volumes. Won't really know until tomorrow if it actually worked, when I can crank the rig.

It's a nice enough head, decent tones and loud enough for my gigs. I really hope it's just dust/crud.

SF

5. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    But if it's not dust/crud, what else can I look for???
    :eyebrow:

6. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    still poppin. Any ideas what the culprit may be?

7. figuredbass

figuredbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2007
    NYC vicinity
    Most probably there is a loose solder joint inside the amp. While this is easy to actually fix, it's not always easy to find because it's not always clearly visible. It could also be caused by a loose or dirty connector inside the amp, which needs to be cleaned or re-seated.

8. It's not as simple as clipping is it?