Hartke 2100 and 2200 cab blowouts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marklinca, Dec 17, 2003.

1. marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    I noticed that the usual suspects are blowing out (closeout?) these Hartke cabs at $349 for the 2100, $399 for the 2200 - 50% off the original list price. I guess they weren't very brisk sellers.

The Hartke tone appears to be like it/hate it, and these cabs seemed to have meager power ratings for a "Pro Series" (200 and 300w at 4 ohms for the 2100 and 2200). I thought they had a nice design/layout. It was never clear how efficient they were.
  2. Mark,
    That 2200 is the best sounding Hartke cabinet I've ever heard! And trust me...I'm not a Hartke fan! As for power handling...I really don't think it was designed for the same kind of applications that you would run say, an Accugroove Whappo or a Berg 322...but for moderate volumes (with other 'pro' players that aren't in competition with on another), it's a nice little unit; not that usual 'tinny'/nasally sound so often associated with Hartke. If I had use for another cabinet of that size (which isn't really a 'big' cabinit), I would purchase one and...the price is right.