Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 2100 and 2200 cab blowouts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marklinca, Dec 17, 2003.

1. marklinca

marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    I noticed that the usual suspects are blowing out (closeout?) these Hartke cabs at $349 for the 2100, $399 for the 2200 - 50% off the original list price. I guess they weren't very brisk sellers.

The Hartke tone appears to be like it/hate it, and these cabs seemed to have meager power ratings for a "Pro Series" (200 and 300w at 4 ohms for the 2100 and 2200). I thought they had a nice design/layout. It was never clear how efficient they were.

2. Mark,
    That 2200 is the best sounding Hartke cabinet I've ever heard! And trust me...I'm not a Hartke fan! As for power handling...I really don't think it was designed for the same kind of applications that you would run say, an Accugroove Whappo or a Berg 322...but for moderate volumes (with other 'pro' players that aren't in competition with on another), it's a nice little unit; not that usual 'tinny'/nasally sound so often associated with Hartke. If I had use for another cabinet of that size (which isn't really a 'big' cabinit), I would purchase one and...the price is right.