Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 210XL - Not Ported?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joey_g_funk, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Anyone have experiences with this particluar cab by itself? I did a lot of searching here, but didn't find what I was looking for. It seems everyone pairs it with a 115XL.

Would it be possible/advisable to rear port it to improve efficiency? I noticed that the 410XL is ported. Why wouldn't Hartke port the 210XL as well?

Could it handle the lows of a 5-string?

I used to have a Hartke Transporter 410, so any comparison to that cab would be good too. Wasn't too impressed by that cab, though...

BTW, I play country, latin, etc and I like my tone thick with clarity.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I'm just guessing, but I would imagine that it is sealed in order to make it more mid heavy. Think Samsontech was probably going for a support cab instead of a standalone with this one.

Once again, just my guess.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I used to own the 210XL, unported.

It will NOT handle a B string with any volume. It will handle it OK at lower volumes, like when practicing at home or playing along with CD's, but not at a band rehearsal with live drums.

4. Thanks... That's the kind of info I was looking for.

5. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Tbh I find Hartkes work best when you pair a 10 inch cab of some description with a 15 incher. I think you'd find most 2x10s would not be that happy with a 5er, probably best to check out a 2x12 to get more low end.