1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke 210XL - Not Ported?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joey_g_funk, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Anyone have experiences with this particluar cab by itself? I did a lot of searching here, but didn't find what I was looking for. It seems everyone pairs it with a 115XL.

Would it be possible/advisable to rear port it to improve efficiency? I noticed that the 410XL is ported. Why wouldn't Hartke port the 210XL as well?

Could it handle the lows of a 5-string?

I used to have a Hartke Transporter 410, so any comparison to that cab would be good too. Wasn't too impressed by that cab, though...

BTW, I play country, latin, etc and I like my tone thick with clarity.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I'm just guessing, but I would imagine that it is sealed in order to make it more mid heavy. Think Samsontech was probably going for a support cab instead of a standalone with this one.

Once again, just my guess.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I used to own the 210XL, unported.

It will NOT handle a B string with any volume. It will handle it OK at lower volumes, like when practicing at home or playing along with CD's, but not at a band rehearsal with live drums.

4. Thanks... That's the kind of info I was looking for.

5. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Tbh I find Hartkes work best when you pair a 10 inch cab of some description with a 15 incher. I think you'd find most 2x10s would not be that happy with a 5er, probably best to check out a 2x12 to get more low end.