1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke 210XL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by agreatheight, Oct 28, 2006.

1. OK, I am looking to augment my new Aguilar GS112 with a small second cab. I am playing through an SWR Bass 350 (redface). I am currently using the Aguilar with my Hartke 410XL and I really like the tone between the two, but the 410XL is heavy and bulky so I'd like to go smaller. The Hartke 210XL seems like the obvious solution but I can't find one to try it out.

So the question is: how does the Hartke 210XL compare to the Hartke 410XL?

Thanks in advance!

2. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    The 210XL isn't a very slick cab. If you want to go with Hartke, the 2.5XL is a much better sounding 210. It isn't just the 5" "tweeter", it has a larger box that improves the tone quite a bit IMO. Kinda like how the 4.5XL has a lot more lows and more even tone in general than the 410XL.

3. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    I used to have a 410XL and a 210XL and I was really happy with both. I used the 210 by itself at many practices and smaller gigs and it sounded fantastic. I prefer it to the 2.5xl because it is cheaper, lighter and I prefer the sound of the treble coming at me through the 10's to be honest - with a graphite bass the 2.5xl sounded a little too sharp.

4. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    I have used all the Hartke cabs mentioned and the 2.5 and the 4.5 will bury the bury the 410xl and the 210xl. I now own the 2.5 and the 4.5. They have go much deeper with what I would call a beefier and puncher sound. They are worth the few dollars more and the extra wieght. Thats just one mans opinion.

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I'd definitely go for the 2.5xl over the 210xl, and I own both. I used the 210xl as part of a bi-amped setup with my 5000 head and it works fine in this way, but the 2.5xl is great as either an extension cab or as a stand-alone. It's the extra size and the porting of the cab that gives it much more low end than the 210xl. I've used the 2.5xl on lots of gigs on its own, there's no way that the 210xl would be up to that.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021