Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 2155 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Looks interesting....opinions from owners would be cool and such

2. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    I have the 2115 and find it lacking in the highs department. The 15 is very tight in low end, nice mids. If you like the Hartke sound, I don't you' d make a mistake with the 2155.

take care
    PL

3. Don't go to crazy with the replies:D

4. Not to be really annoying, but aluminum cone speakers, how are they different from....not aluminum one's and I have heard the need more room to get the sound out right?

I am confused:confused:

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I had an 1155, which was an earlier version of the 2155 (not the 2115). The 1155 had a 3500 head in a 1x15+1x5 cabinet. It's a great combo. I think they had a tendency to explode because the head was too much for the speakers. Hence, they now make the 2155 with a 200-watt head and the same speakers.

However, the 2115 is something different. It doesn't have the little 5-inch speaker in there to carry the highs. So you know what you end up with?

A TONE-SUCKING MUFF MONSTER!

Take some advice. Save up a little more and treat yourself to the 2155 or, better yet, an old 1155. Just don't crank it up too high without wearing your Kevlar flak jacket.

6. I meant the 2155, that thing looks sweet

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Some people say aluminum cones sound different than normal cones. (which are paper or a paper/Kevlar mix) Personally I don't think there's much of a difference.

The 2155 does in fact have the treble driver Munjibunga speaks of.

8. Bacon, Uh I have been told not to go with Hartke, I need some adjectives for the sound

9. Hartke is not bad stuff. The aluminum 15's contain the highs you need and the low end you need. I like them. Period.