Hartke 2155 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Looks interesting....opinions from owners would be cool and such
  2. Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    I have the 2115 and find it lacking in the highs department. The 15 is very tight in low end, nice mids. If you like the Hartke sound, I don't you' d make a mistake with the 2155.

take care
  3. Don't go to crazy with the replies:D
  4. Not to be really annoying, but aluminum cone speakers, how are they different from....not aluminum one's and I have heard the need more room to get the sound out right?

I am confused:confused:
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I had an 1155, which was an earlier version of the 2155 (not the 2115). The 1155 had a 3500 head in a 1x15+1x5 cabinet. It's a great combo. I think they had a tendency to explode because the head was too much for the speakers. Hence, they now make the 2155 with a 200-watt head and the same speakers.

However, the 2115 is something different. It doesn't have the little 5-inch speaker in there to carry the highs. So you know what you end up with?

Take some advice. Save up a little more and treat yourself to the 2155 or, better yet, an old 1155. Just don't crank it up too high without wearing your Kevlar flak jacket.
  6. I meant the 2155, that thing looks sweet
  7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Some people say aluminum cones sound different than normal cones. (which are paper or a paper/Kevlar mix) Personally I don't think there's much of a difference.

The 2155 does in fact have the treble driver Munjibunga speaks of.
  8. Bacon, Uh I have been told not to go with Hartke, I need some adjectives for the sound
  9. Hartke is not bad stuff. The aluminum 15's contain the highs you need and the low end you need. I like them. Period.