Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 215BXL?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Anyone played one? My crummy local music store just got a consignment unit in, and I was thinking about picking it up.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Hartke claims it is to be used only as a subwoofer. The spec says frequency responses tops out at 1Khz!!!

Unless you're playing dub reagge exclusively, you don't want that cabinet.

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Duh.
    I may pair it with a 2X10....or not.

My quest continues.

4. what are the charastaristics of Hartke ? I want to be able to play all styles with HArtke (with my Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5) ... from Black Gospel to rock / fusion / everything..

5. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    tight/focused/punchy- Good cabs, IME, for many different styles.... Though I only like the 2200 (2x12+horn) and the XL15, too bad the 15 doesnt handle enough power for my needs.

:edit: If you decide on Hartke, stick w/ the PRO or XL line. ;)

Im really interested in the schroeder 21012 and G.A.S.sing hard over Accugroove's Bill Dickens Signature 212 and Signature Sub.

My next cab purchase('s) will likely be the last until I either "strike it rich" or die, so they have to be able to handle whatever I may throw at them; and that has to include "SubDub" tones..

Reviews/opinions are a good place to start, but best bet is to actually tryout w/ your own gear before you buy.