Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke 215versuseden215??????????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbob, Aug 2, 2004.

1. metalbob

metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    i am building my third bass rig want it simple not too much cash so hatrke 215 499.99 versus eden 215xlt 759.79 any sugestions welcomed :hyper:

2. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I know I will be in the minority here, but I like Hartke and have for played Hartke since '92. I think it's a very good value.

3. BassNW has the Eden D-215XLT for $575 if I'm not mistaken. And I'm sure it will blow the Hartke out of the water. The D-215XLT is my favorite cab of all time, its pure, fat, golden bassy goodness.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I used to use a Hartke 2x15 (along with a Hartke 4.5xl), and I've since played one show through a borrowed Eden 2x15. The Eden blows it away. I'm not a big fan of the "blows it away" terminology, but these two cabs aren't even in the same class.

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    This may be a dumb question but have you considered 2 115's? Have you seen the weight on those 215's? The Hartke is over 100 lbs. It is also a sub, and has a top end of about 1k.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Go eden, without a doubt, and shop around for the best price.

7. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    Eden.