Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 2200 2x12" Bass Cab???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by modulusgod, Apr 25, 2005.

1. modulusgod

modulusgod

Mar 30, 2005
    I've been looking for a decent 2x12 cab that's not gonna break my wallet! I really dig the design of this 2200 2x12" cab by Hartke, But I've heard mixed reviews on their cabs.
    Any opinions would sure help!

2. I gigged with one of these for a while for mid size and smaller club gigs, and I really liked it. I play primarily 5 String basses, and used it with a variety of amps:an SWR SM900, Ampeg SVT3-Pro and an SWR Bass750X, and it handled them all easily. Even though the published RMS power handling rating seems light, this cab was solid as a rock for me, and the price and size were great, and the upright 2x12" layout is very stage friendly. Just my $0.02.......

3. dfarr

dfarr

Feb 9, 2001
    Lakeland, FL
    I've been very pleased with mine. I use it with a Hartke 3500 in a 4-piece blues/rockabilly band, with 4-string bass only so I don't know about 5-string, and it has been everything I expected from it - including the fact that it fits in the front seat of my Mustang convertible.

4. I quiet like the Hartke alloy cone speakers, they have a real zing to them but cabpable of producing deap lows also. The 2200 Cabnite sure looks the part and I also like the Standing setup of it.

However I am very disenchanted with Hartke at the moment. I dont think I had my 210XL cabinet 3 months and one of the speakers has craped itself, letting out a high frequence buzz when played at more than practice volume (think practice by your self, in the loung/living room) :confused:

Now I'm told by the dealer that I have to take it to ELFA- the Aussie disturbuters to get the speaker replaced, which could take quiet some time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Not Happy! But atleast the dealer was willing to help, unlike alot around here.

Be very careful how much power you push though these, maybe it was speaker fault- but the 160w @ 8ohms that my amp pushes out, should not be able to mess up a 200w @ 8ohm cabinet- Wasn't even close to being 1/2 on the GK 400's volume dials either.

I still like the Hartke sound, although the 10" drivers are a little too trebely for my likinng- but I wont be buying any more Hartke equipment from now on.

5. Code:
    I still like the Hartke sound, although the 10" drivers are a little too trebely for my likinng- but I wont be buying any more Hartke equipment from now on.
    Find a 21XL used like I did and I promise you will never look back!.....Fact Jack :)

6. A 21XL or a 210XL? Either way Hartke XL series speakers and even cabs are very hard to find second hand here in Australia. Dispite been quiet popular, no one ever sells them used. VX series on the other hand, open the trading paper and there will be at least 3 for sale.