1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke 2200 2x12 Cab Replacement Fuse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bivwack, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Bivwack

Bivwack

Aug 5, 2012
    Hi! The top 12" speaker in my Hartke 2200 2x12 cab started crakling during sound check a couple weeks ago (this cab has kicked ass for over 10 years!). I popped the speaker out today to find that there is a fuse with a broken filament (it's on what I believe to be a crossover circuit board; the cab has a high freq tweeter).

So I have a few questions:
    - Does anyone know where to find a replacement fuse for this cab? (the fuse doesn't specify what kind it is)
    - Would a blown fuse affect the 12" speakers (or just one, for that matter?)
    - What's the verdict for a 'crackling' speaker? Do I need a replacement, and if so, where can I find replacement Hartke speakers? (12" 8ohm 150w)

I saw a post from 2010 with a very similar situation, but I didn't see the actual solution.

Thanks in advance for everyones help!!!

2. jsa0100

jsa0100

Apr 6, 2005
    Norway
    In 99% of the cases a fuse is made to protect the compression driver for the horn and is in series with the horn. The 12" speakers will not be affected.

In most cases the "fuse" is a 12v light bulb. The reasson for this is under high loads the light bulb will increase the resistanse so you will get better protection then a ordinary fuse.

The best would be to ask Hartke, if not. Try removing the bulb and look for markings or try to compare the rest of the filament. If that doesen't work try a 12v/25w if the tweeter sounds to loud go down to 12v/15w. If it's to week go up to 12v/50w.