Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 2200 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I see there is a 2x12" cab in Hartkes new professional line, and I must admit it looks very good!

They claim it goes down to 29Hz which is, franky, low enough for me baby! Weights 75lbs, but thats few lesser than my Peavey TVX and besides, the Hartke has casters. The price seems to be around $900 here in Europe. Perhaps I should swap my brand new TVX-410 for it..

Any opinions about the cab or the swap?

I know there's atleast one guy here who owns one, I remember the comment "but the 2200 somehow got my credit card outta my wallet and then climbed on the back seat of my car all by itself.." :D

2. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I just upgraded from my old Peavey stack to a Hartke 3500 head and the 2200 cab. Frankly, it sounds amazing.

The cab itself has more low end and less bite than the Hartke cabs that use nothing but 10s. It will handle a five-string bass no problem. Some folks may not like the somewhat conservative 300W power rating, but I find I can generate enough volume for just about any stage with it. I encourage you to go try one.

Good points: tweeter control, 1/4" and neutrik jacks, casters, rolls and transports easily.

Bad points: a touch heavy, I had to turn the tweeter down a bit to get my sound

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ok, so I went to local dealer today and ordered one to try out. I think I'm going for it, if the store comes down to a reasonable price.

This post also doubles as a *bump* :)