Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke 2200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philwill1, Dec 7, 2003.

1. philwill1

philwill1

May 11, 2002
    Clinton, KY
    Has anyone tried or heard the hartke 2200. I see that it has 2 12" drivers and looks good. I was wondering how it sounds and would it be better than getting a 410. I hear 12s give you better bottom than 10s.

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    i dont know about that specific cabnet, but generally lager diameter speakers will give you a better low end response, however there are exceptions to teh rule, speaker efficency, if a cab is porter or not, how much power is going into the cabnet, etc.
    If no one else explains them i will, i just dont feel 100% confident explaining it as i might get it wrong.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Hartke doesn't post the efficiency rating for this cab, which makes me suspect that it is VERY inefficient, otherwise they would note the rating along with the rest of their specs. 300 watts is also not a very favorable rating for two 12's, FWIW.

Go check one out, if it sounds good, go for it. However, I'm of the personal opinion that the Hartke speakers tend to be a bit more expensive than what you can find slightly more quality cabs (Avatar, etc.).