Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3000 problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve Clark, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I recently sold my HArtke 3000 TP210/115 to a friend. It is now making an intermittent buzzing/crackling/fuzzy sound. Speakers are fine. Any idea what it is? I want to pay to get it fixed. I know if we take it in it won't make the noise so if anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be great.

2. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Check for loose screws, etc: I picked up on of those used a while back, & I was gigging with it alot. I was at home one day playing through it & it was making some noise & I turned it over & there was a bunch of loose screws holding it together! It had no feet & I was just setting it on top of a mesaboogie 115 cab w/ tolex only, so it may have vibrated them loose(?)...

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  4. ADuck5150

ADuck5150

Jul 31, 2004
    NJ
    I had a similar problem with my 4000. Lots of random buzzing/popping noises when the only thing connected to the amp was the cab. Then after they appeared to go away, I was gigging with it and the sound just completely died out...thank god for PA. It's still in the shop now, should be back in a week or so, but it definitely wasn't some loose screws...

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    It has a tube? Like a vaccum tube that I could order and put in myself?

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Ooops. My bad. I mistakenly thought it was similar to the 3500 in that regard. Looks like it's off to the dungeon for me, and off to the shop for your amp.