Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500 amp + Eden D410T cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Go for it !

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Browse for other

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Hartke 3500
    Power: 350 Watts at 4 Ohms
    240 Watts at 8 Ohms
    Selectable Tube & Solid-State Preamps
    Rotary Bass & Treble Contour Controls
    10-Band Graphic Eq
    Adjustable Compression
    Balanced XLR Out
    Total Harmonic Distortion: Less Than 1% At Rated Power
    Signal-To-Noise: Approx. 78 dBm
    Effects Send & Return
    Bipolar Design
    Passive/Active Input Jack
    Rack-Mountable
    Dimensions: 2U Space, 13" Deep

Eden D410t
    Power/imp : . 540 Watts RMS - 8 or 4 Ohm models available
    Speakers : 4-EC 1060F Cast Frame & 1-E2700 Cast Bell Horn
    Crossover : 18DB/Octave Auto-Comp.
    Sensitivity : 105DB SPL @ 1w 1m
    Frequency Response : +/- 2db 80hz to 14khz -6db @ 50hz

total package : $ 1350...

Do or Don't ?

2. I like the Eden 410T model a lot. Its what I got right now, but have you considered the XLT? As for the Hartke, I'm not a big fan of thiers and I would look at at matching the Eden cab w/an Eden head.

3. The cab is perfect man! As for the head, there are better out there, but the Hartke is still a good choice. I like the way Hartke's heads sound.

4. Cat

Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    the hartke heads have a lot of features like adjustable compression and a tube-preamp which i like. plus they aren't too expensive. i think the eden 4x10 sounded great in the store. it had a surprising amount of deep low end for 10 inch speakers. however you can get a peavey 4x12TVX for ~$200 cheaper and that might sound even better.

5. Comic Store Guy on:

"Worst compressor ever"

Comic Store Guy off.

6. Agreed. I turned that thing to zero and broke the knob off... :D

As to the question, I'd search for more power to drive that Eden. :)

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Decent rig but you'd be WAY better off with the D410XLT and a better amp. Optimum (admittedly for a lot more dough) would be the XLT w/ Eden WT800. Then you can mono-bridge all 800 watts into the cab (assuming 8ohm cab) and rarely need anything else.

8. well the cab is about 1700 guilders.. that's about 650 dollar..
    i'm going for the cab anyway..

but what i'm looking for now is a nice head to go with it for about $500 / $600

The store where i browsed for the cab has a lot of hartke and SWR heads, that's why i asked about the hartke..

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I gave $600 for my D410XLT, used but like new. Can't help you with amps in your price range, unfortunately. Even an Eden WT400 will set you back more than that if you're lucky enough to find one used. Save your money and wait or buy what you can afford and make do, I guess.

10. Cat

Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    anyone have any opinions on the peavey firebass 700?

11. I'd say if you have $1350 to spend, unless you are looking for that particular sound(Hartke w/ Eden), you could find a better, and maybe more powerful match for the price...How bout maybe an SWR head with an eden cab? or eden head with eden cab. Also, im not sure exactly what they run, but have you looked at ampeg SVT series stuff... Or any of it for that matter...I hear its all pretty damn good....

12. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Haven't played it, but I idly tried to lift it with one hand the other day in a store, and I just about gave myself a hernia. That is the heaviest solid-state head I have ever encountered.

13. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Hm, my earlier reply has disappeared on me. Well, to be brief, the gist was that I think a Carvin head would be a substantial improvement over the Hartke. Just don't bridge it into 4 ohms, despite what their specs say. The R600 ($570) will give you 450-500 W bridged into 8 ohms, and the R1000 ($650) about 700-750 W. www.carvin.com

Oh yes, I second (third?) the advice to get the XLT model if it all possible. The T is great, but the XLT IMO gives you a bit more. And more is good.

14. How about the SWR Bass 350 ?

it can do

450 Watts @ 2 ohms
    350 Watts @ 4 ohms
    240 Watts @ 8 ohms

basicly if i plug 2 of those Eden cabs in it.. which would be 2ohm @ 540w.. it would be pretty nice, and since the amp is 450 and the cabs 540.. i'm also safe about blowing up the speakers.. rite ?

b.t.w. what's the main difference between the eden T and XLT ? the XLT is about $ 200 more..

15. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    The xlt is a slightly bigger and better ported box which gives better response at lower frequencies. I would go with a carvin r1000, as the the sound is good not great but good, I feel as bass players power is of prime importance and it has alot of it and a good sound too so bang for the buck factor is high. just my .02 ( thats for 1300 bux)

16. Carvin isn't easy to get in Holland :(
    and i don't want to buy an amp though postorder..

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Go with it. At rehearsal I play a Hartke 3500 head through an Eden D-212XLT, for a completely acceptable sound. Mix-n-match is OK.

18. Ok.. i'm done with the amp..

I went to store today, and tried some heads.. i tried the SWR Workingman 4004, the Hartke 4000 " Millennium " and a Trace elliot 300-7

The Trace Elliot.. well what can i say.. it was the most expensive of the amps i tried, and it also sounded like sh## the most of all amps i tried..
    it costs $ 1000, and it sounded like an $ 100 amp.. BAH !

The SWR sounded sweet, but for some reason it seemed as if it could not get the 400watts to the speakers..

the Hartke sounded nice, and could also pump quite some volume through the eden D410-T. it costs about $ 650.. which is imho a pretty nice price for it.. so i think i'm going to get this baby..

the sales-dude told me about the eden CX410, which is a lot cheaper than the D410-t ( about $ 170 cheaper ), but are pretty sweet too.. lots of mids & high in it, and it was 400w @ 8 ohm ( according the salesdude )

on the homepage of eden i could only see the CXC410 ( with build in amp ), so i cannot verify it.
    the Sales-dude told me he'd get one over from another branch office, so i could try it.

you guys heard of the CX410 ? if so.. what's your oppinion on it ?

19. tomdabass

tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    Nice combination! go with it. i´m going to get it too. there is nothing you can do wrong with the hartke 3500. eden d-410t is also a very good cab. Maybe you should get the hartke 5500 which is only 150€ more expencive. BTW are you going to get the eden cab at 4 or 8 ohms???

20. i dont like the newer peavey stuff, if i was going peavey id look for another mark 3, or a mark 4 then get a 1516 or 1820, but i was at a seminar the other week i tried a hartke ha5500 with a eden 115xlt, and it was nice...but i prefered the swr 8004 and goliath 3 better :D ...but im not a friend of tube or tube emulation amps really...pure solid state goodness