hartke 3500 and sunn 2x15 resale?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by .-.LeX.-., Aug 11, 2002.

1. hey guys..

well, i've had this rig for a while, and im not really satisfied with the tone i get out of it... i mean, its not bad... but its not really what i desire.

both the head and the cab are in great shape, bassicly new ( minus one small tear on the cab )

how much should i ask for if i do wind up selling this rig?

and what other kind of rigs could you guys recomend for a deep, clear, punchy bass sound good for rock, and metal

EDIT- i also wanna try to get a new cab cause this 2x15 is really really big. very hard to transporte...
  2. fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I'd say $500 to $600 for the whole thing.
  3. 500 to 600 for the WHOLE THING?

uhmmm.... i payed 450 for the head like 4 and half months ago
  4. bassdan777

Jul 5, 2001
    Audubon, NJ
    I would be surprised if you could get anything more than 500 for it. The cab aint worth much, given that it's a sun and it is ripped. The head is decent but if you paid 450 for it, it wouldn't even be worth half that after using it for a while. It's a sad reality. I'm going through the same thing with my old rig. My head is in perfect condition and I spent 700 dollars on it. I'm hoping to get 300 for it at best. The best thing for you to do is take it to a privately owned guitar shop and see what kind of deal you can get on the trade in. I wouldn't go to place like guitar center cause they don't really do trade ins, however they will take your equipment off your hands for an outrageously low price and then try and re-sell it for almost market price. If this doesn't work, there is always e-bay.
  5. on ebay i see hartke 3500's going for like $ 425...

both are in PERFECT condiction... minus the tear on the tolix, which could be fixed...,

ahhh, ill just ask around with people i know perhaps?
  6. fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Well I could of just said: "its worth what ever someone would pay for it".

Seriously though. Sell it for as much as you can get a way with it. I PERSONALLY wouldn't pay more than $500 to $600 for a used middle of the line rig.