Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke 3500 and sunn 2x15 resale?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by .-.LeX.-., Aug 11, 2002.

1. hey guys..

well, i've had this rig for a while, and im not really satisfied with the tone i get out of it... i mean, its not bad... but its not really what i desire.

both the head and the cab are in great shape, bassicly new ( minus one small tear on the cab )

how much should i ask for if i do wind up selling this rig?

and what other kind of rigs could you guys recomend for a deep, clear, punchy bass sound good for rock, and metal

EDIT- i also wanna try to get a new cab cause this 2x15 is really really big. very hard to transporte...

2. anyone?

3. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I'd say $500 to $600 for the whole thing.

4. 500 to 600 for the WHOLE THING?

uhmmm.... i payed 450 for the head like 4 and half months ago

5. bassdan777

bassdan777

Jul 5, 2001
    Audubon, NJ
    I would be surprised if you could get anything more than 500 for it. The cab aint worth much, given that it's a sun and it is ripped. The head is decent but if you paid 450 for it, it wouldn't even be worth half that after using it for a while. It's a sad reality. I'm going through the same thing with my old rig. My head is in perfect condition and I spent 700 dollars on it. I'm hoping to get 300 for it at best. The best thing for you to do is take it to a privately owned guitar shop and see what kind of deal you can get on the trade in. I wouldn't go to place like guitar center cause they don't really do trade ins, however they will take your equipment off your hands for an outrageously low price and then try and re-sell it for almost market price. If this doesn't work, there is always e-bay.

6. on ebay i see hartke 3500's going for like $ 425...

both are in PERFECT condiction... minus the tear on the tolix, which could be fixed...,

ahhh, ill just ask around with people i know perhaps?

7. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Well I could of just said: "its worth what ever someone would pay for it".

Seriously though. Sell it for as much as you can get a way with it. I PERSONALLY wouldn't pay more than $500 to $600 for a used middle of the line rig.