Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500 and VX cab!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dylan, Nov 24, 2004.

1. dylan

dylan

Oct 1, 2004
    Im loving the tone, the sound and the power!!! anyone agree???????????????????

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I had a 3500 and a vx 115.
    IMHO the absolute best cab you can get for 200 bucks new.

3500 was a nice solid head that was super reliable and got great tone for years with my rig.

danman

3. rotorheadcase

rotorheadcase

Apr 20, 2004
    Good for you.....I love my Hartke rig and as long as you've found your tone then you're on a winner. :hyper:

Remember it's a purely subjective argument and there is no one who can tell you otherwise!

As danman said it's a lot of bang for the buck!!!

4. I got me a hartke 410vx. good cab. I was gonna add a hartke head onto it but i cant pass up a gk700rbii for a good price!

5. dobbo

dobbo

May 19, 2004
    i got my hartke ha3500 and my 410xl about a month ago and im loving it. Hartke rock. such a clean sound and the 10 band equalizer helps you get the sound that you want. all round a good package.

6. Raven

Raven

Nov 14, 2004
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I love my HA3000 and 410XL..... that tight crisp top end is great for ERB.... I've heard people say the sound is "too thin", but its all in getting the sound you want. Just cause it doesn't sound like an Ampeg, doesn't mean its not a good rig. (Thats also why we have EQ's.....)

7. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    I have a Hartke vx series 410. I believe that the Hartke Cab is one of the best values in all bassendom. I originally got the cabnet because my other 410 an EBS Pro series - was litterally to valuable to put through the hell that my working equipment has to endure. For example - election day 2002 - I had a rehersal threw the Hartke in the back of the car as always - this day the car breaks down so I borrow a friends Jeep - I didn't know it at the time but the Jeep leaked (Bad) - in my rush I threw the Cab in the back bed of the Jeep laying down face up (young folks never do this) I live in Florida - so naturally we have a thuderstorm I get back to the Jeep at the end of the day and have standing water in all four cones that has sat there for a couple of hours - Now I figure I have screrwed the Cab up totally, however I drain the water out of the cones and - since I have no alternative drive to the rehersal - plugt it up no problem - I am still using this Cab as my main Cab for larger venues today. Can't say nothing bad about Hartke Cabs - particularly VX's to me!

8. I would've bought a VX 1x15 when I was last shopping for cabs, until I came across a used Peavey for about half the price.

The VX is arguably the punchiest and loudest 15" I've heard, although I haven't tried all that much in the way of high end 15"s. I played with a guy running one this past friday and he almost filled a medium-large venue with it and an Ampeg 1x15 without PA support.