Hartke 3500 knob probs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Nanny, Mar 1, 2005.

1. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is anyone else frustrated with the Hartke 3500 head design, how the knobs stick out so far from even the amp they risk getting broken in transit? I even bought Hartke's amp head case, and its STILL a problem.

I was a major problem when 2 days before a big gig, the volume knob busted off during transport. My volume was stuck at 3!!! I spend 4 hours fixing the stupid thing with CrazyGlue. Works OK now. But, if you are running into this problem, here is the quick fix: take some finished paper towel roles (the carboard inner ring), and cut them into smaller 2" rings. Place those over the protracting knobs each time you transport. Gives it enough protection.

I'm just miffed that Hartke didn't engineer it better. I'm happy with my amp otherwise, but jeessh!!!
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

How are you transporting your gear? Not one amp, in my 30 years of playing, have I ever damaged a knob or slider and this is without benefit of rack cases, rack bags or even covers!
  3. buy an SKB case. problem solved forever.
  4. stingray5bbx

Feb 11, 2005
    I was bending over messing with a pedal once, and on my way up my headstock smashed into the 10-band EQ and broke one o teh sliders off on my 3500. :mad: I think Hartke COULD make stronger controls... or maybe put rack "handles" on so that only a direct blow could damage it.
  5. That could be a problem since most guitar players are stuck on 10.
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have had to repair some broken shaft on a 3500, and also on my GK. I always order the proper pots from the manufacturer, and I am always more careful afterwards.
  7. Yes ...... drinking or other substances can shorten the life of your equipment.....knobs on the front are exceptionally vulnerable when returning from behind the bar after a break or entering the stage after the break while making eye contact with the oposite sex......The knobs or "Headlights" I usually am concerned with are in the audiance not on my "3500"...............:)